Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wing Shoes Review


They're here! They're her!

Yesterday my wing shoes finally arrived! After months of searching and wishing, I finally found an Ebay company that made shoes based off of the Vivienne Westwood design in my size! I'm not one to actively search out replicas of things, but I knew that I would never be able to find, afford let alone fit into the originals. I feel more of leniency for shoe replicas (well, at least in my case) because most shoes are not avaliable in larger sizes. Being a women's US shoe size 11, I have a hard enough time finding shoes as if. There are plenty of shoes I would buy in a heartbeat, but simply are not made in my size. And not amount of diet or exercise is ever going to make my foot smaller! Long story short, I'm happy with my shoes (and I wish I had smaller feet, I would really love some platform converse). You know it's bad when they don't even make replica shoes in your size.


Now onto a short review. I ordered the shoes from eshoehouse2010 on ebay on May 23rd and they arrive in my mail box yesterday. They were $39.99 with free shipping. They are also avaliable in red and brown, sizes US6/UK3/AU5.5/EU36/23CM through US11/UK9/AU11/EU42/26CM. They fit true to size with virtually no extra room/length. They arrived individually wrapped in this cardboard box and plastic bag.


Though there was a big dent on the box, the shoes were fine and avoided any scratches with the fabric bags.


The shoe themselves had a strong "new shoe"/fake leather plastic smell upon arrival but quickly aired out. I am unsure as to how sturdy the fake leather is, so I am being gentle with them. The ankle strap/wigs have a velcro closure. i have to strap the fairly tightly to avoid a big of a heel "lag" when I pick up my foot, but I think I've got it down. The platform is also manageable; about 5cm/2 inches.

Overall I think they are good for the price, but I need to see how sturdy they are. While I would rather have the original design, I'm just happy to finally have a very similar pair!



1 comment:

  1. Do you know where I can get some like yours but in white?

    ReplyDelete