Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poofy Cream Puff

Hi everyone ^_^ I'd like to share some over-due updates! 

Firstly, here are some worn photos of my fawn beret. It poofs out kind of funny at different areas (due to the quality and stiffness of the fabric, I think) but as long as I wear it the "right way" I think it looks fine. It's lined with a natural beige muslin and the pompom is detachable. The elastic was the hardest part of the construction, I tried really hard not to make it look like a shower cap! It's not a terribly big/deep hat, but it stays on my head without trouble c: 


Next is a quick outfit post for today
Run down:
Blouse: Innocent World
Cardigan: Old Navy
Skirt: Good Will
Socks (and the brown oxfords I wore): Target
Necklace: Gift
Bow: Bought off EGL

Next is a bit of a shopping/future crafting update ♪

My boyfriend was in town recently for spring break and we hit up the local Japanese grocery story
I ate some melon bread, yummy CC Lemon and these new beauties:
Omnomon, cheese cake, apple tart and cappuccino/mocha (? I don't know coffee) candies. They are keeping me sane at school this week.

Close-up of my fawn bow ♥
 A cheap little red beret that will soon (by the magic of felt and hot glue) become...
A mushroom beret! 
 Lastly is this beige In the Starlight blouse (with waist ties!) from the EGL comm sales. I haven't worn this out yet because I'm not happy with how the sleeves "poof" My arm doesn't stretch much of the elastic but the sleeve still creates this sill looking vertical poof that makes me shoulders look twice as big. I think I'm going to find a was to sew in a few darts to make it poof less. I do not like poofy sleeves u_u I sold my black blouse because the sleeves were too poofy! The Innocent World blouse i wore today is even almost too borderline poofy for me, but I still love it ♥ Although I do wish the detachable sleeves were a bit longer.

Does anyone else have these problems with poofy or too short sleeves? Anyone have any remedies?
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful fawn beret! And SNAPPITY SNAP! I bought a red beret to make it a toadstool one too! (Although I've been saying it for a long time, it still is yet to transform into a toadstool .....) XD

    ReplyDelete