Saturday, June 4, 2011

June Lifestyle Ideas

  • If you find yourself board inside, watching people open lucky packs is much more interesting than you would think.
  • Try a sweet "Pink Lady" soda I tried at a vintage candy shop - Mix (your preference) of 7-up, Orange Sunkist, a hint of raspberry flavor and top off with Italian cream
  • Coordinate outfits with soft tulle and gauze instead of lace for a unique look 
  • Practice making "Zakka" pouches - they are a simple sewing expenditure! - Here are some cute fabrics and zippers
  • Have a yummy breakfast of waffles topped with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and powdered sugar - so sugary and delicious! 
  • Take a visit to your local botanical center to enjoy wildflowers and wildlife
  • Bring a sketch book or camera along with you to record the beautiful life you observe there!
  • Make your own brooches/pins to match your favorite coordinates. I'm thinking of making a removable brooch like the one on AP's French Cafe bolero
  • Try sewing cute felt cakes and sweets
  • Collect dainty vintage decorative tins to store your accessories 

1 comment:

  1. Happy ILD! Waffles with strawberries sounds divine right now. Maybe on my day off I'll treat myself to some.

    Also, I like the crafting ideas. I want to make more wristcuffs!

    ReplyDelete