Halloween is right around the corner, so now is the appropriate time for pumpkin picking! Besides picking out the perfect gourd, a trip to the pumpkin patch can provide a number of amusements! for added autumn fun, try these ideas.
- Selecting a pumpkin in an usual color, such as white
- Adopt "baby" pumpkins and display them in your home or room
- Carve dainty lace or merry-go-round patterns as opposed to a ghoulish face
- Make a festive fairy house with twigs, moss and stones
- Skip the knives altogether and outfit your pumpkin with lace or glitter
- Wear your very best Halloween or autumn themed outfit to the patch for an impromptu photo-shoot
- Use the photos to send old fashion-styled greeting cards
- Experiment with different recipes using the fruit and seeds of your carved pumpkin
- See if your patch has a traditional corn maize and give it a try
- Martha Stuart's Halloween magazine is always full of classy decorating ideas
P.S. Here is a sneak peak of my costume!