- Skip the costume store full of scarcely-clad ladies outfits and opt for home made! DIY is usually the best way to crate Lolita-eqsue costumes. Check out Lolita-Charm's costume ideas!
- Instead of goulish faces, try carving lovely lace patterns into your pumpkin. Bonus: make it a different variety of color of pumpkin!
- Add fall flare to your bedroom by stringing fall leaves into a garland and hanging them. (I made a string above my window).
- Go acorn hunting. Take a straw basket and fill it up to your content. The acorns can be used for accessories, home decor or trim on gifts.
- Cinnamon will put you in an autumn mood. Add sticks to tea, your bedroom drawers like a satchel and spice to pies.
- Autumn is the best season for apples, try making apple-themed dishes or even apple motifs to your outfits
- Plan a ghost-hunting outing! Pick a spooky location (be respectful of cemeteries and mausoleums) and dress in Gothlic Lolita. (don't forget your camera)!
- While the weather is still nice, investigate into an old-fashioned train ride! They have a very nostalgic feel, imagine the ladies and gents who rode there before you. Bonus: pack an on-board pic-nic!
- Make a batch of Halloween themed cookies for your friends and family. Break out the bat and pumpkin cookie cutters. Maybe a even a little food coloring?
- As the weather gets cooler, invest in a faux-fur collar or caplet for those chilly mornings at the bus stop.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
October Lifestyle Ideas
This is the first installment of a monthly series I am very excited about. I will include monthly-themed style tips and ideas to spice up your month.