Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Lifestyle Ideas


  • Pastels! Pastels! Pastels! - and mix-n-match colors like this outfit by Shelbycloud
  • Incorporate bunnies, lambs and baby chick motifs into your outfits (don't own Happy Garden? Try cute pins, brooches and other jewelry)
  • It's not too late to start a small flower or vegetable garden, beans and carrots are easy to grow. (Or better yet - grow the seedlings indoors in egg shells)
  • Egg shells also make cute tiny flower vases or planters
  • Dye your own eggs or decorate some vintage beauties with lace, decoupage or even cross-stitching
  • Make a cute carrot cake in the honor or baby bunnies!
  • Start pressing spring flowers before summer withers them up. Use them to make cards or decorate a diary
  • Break out your sandals and parasols - and maybe rock your jsk without a blouse -oh my! (an excuse for a pastel pedicure? I think so!)
  • Create a spring Lolita resolution with how you would like to "grow and blossom" this spring
  • If you're looking for a new friend, consider adopting a bunny from your human society. Many baby bunnies are given to children during Easter and then grow bored and abandon them. The same applies to chicks and ducklings!

2 comments:

  1. I don't really understand what dyeing my own eggs is supposed to mean, why would I want to decorate an egg with lace and cross-stitches? xD

    But I love the idea of lamb and bunny brooches for the spring! I wish England was (ever) warm enough to wear a JSK without a blouse, or sandals without socks for that matter! Thank you for these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant like dying/coloring Easter Eggs for decoration? It was also a Victorian tradition to paste cute pictures or scraps of lace onto eggs during the Easter holiday. Eggs are just a spring symbol I suppose. ^_^

    Here are a few pics that I thought looked cute:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marja-k/3449736903/

    http://www.sublimestitching.com/forostyukinna

    ReplyDelete